My Mobile Short History

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Labels:

I'm thinking on changing to new phone by Quarter 1, next year... new gadget meh.

But I'm still in dilemma by the options that I have. After being a loyal supporter to Motorola for its nice design and stylish flip models. Now I want to document my phones history in a simple short post, I'm all 'bout how the phone looks(maybe because I'm a Libra).

I started out with Motorola V3988 back in my Uni.

It served me very notably, despite it cuteness and small in size it stood up for all sort of drops. Dropped it from my double-storey bed, dropped it from my hand, dropped it from my desk and I also dropped it while I was walking. It's very the tahan one even though it was a second hand phone and mine was dark-blue in colour.

The only bad thing that I can't stand was SMS can't be recognize, it just display the sender by the mobile number. WTF!! That was all that I complained for this phone, This time phone still just for voice calls and SMS.



I trade it with a same style and design phone but different colour, this one is light silver coloured. Not really the greatest phone but still the design attracts me. Oh! The "SMS can't be recognise" thingy is still there but I manage to stood by it for plus minus 3 years. Then it got a little wet, you know with all oily and finger prints all over the phone once in a while I wet a cloth and clean the phone. This one time the cloth was wetter than usual and that's the end of it.

Lucky my ex-girlfriend has an old Nokia phone she kept for this kind of situation so I'm a Nokia 3310 user. Nothing much to it and everyone knows about it. This is also one durable phone, I dropped it a lot of times but that one last time the phone got broken to 4 pieces on the verge of meeting with my friend. It falls from level 2 of my house and it gets me to a new phone that same very evening.




Back to Motorola, I've gotten me an AP set Motorola V3i. Since the technology at these times is high enough and manual for phone hacking can be found anywhere I've tried hacking these one Motorola to my bore (of course with care, avoiding any loop holes that I can think of, I don't to waste it just to pleasure my curiousity)

All in all I've my fun with it, people at the Motorola Hacking Forums really did helps me a lot. Now the external screen was broken, lucky to have bought a screen protector which serves more to hold the screen from falling off to pieces compare to prevent scratches of the screens. This one really gone to my expectations.


Now, I'm thinking of Push-Mail capability and GPS or Google Maps. I don't know if I could enjoy blogging through the phone due to the restricted screen size and no keyboard. QWERTY keypad also has its limited luxury.

What do you think of this mobile history, not as much as Up-To-Date Mobile user. But your comment really does count. Please drop in the comment box below.

No comments:

Post a Comment