Truth On Retail Price

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Labels:

I'm not discouraging anything nor that I don't shop like you guys, only I had
these in my mind all along.
It's quite a shock to me knowing that they are a lot more people who don't know the fact on item for sale in everywhere in the world. If you're on sale that a real shock.

I use to be a promoter at one of major store, also used to be in service area with one prestigious hotel, currently just a working class like the rest of us with my eyes on supply and demand of currency trading.

What I'm trying to tell is that what we buy on the launched retail price everywhere in the world should be at triple, quadraple or more than the cost of making the item. Say you bought a shirt at an expensive branded outlet for RM150.00, in my mind the real price for it should be somewhere around RM30 to RM50 for it or maybe less. We are paying them more profit than the real price of the item.

It is what it is, so whenever they put a label for discount up to 70% on the item, it won't be a big deal for them. They still gain profit for the item sold, explains how some jewelleries gives you discount up to 70%. How come they survives to keep giving you discount a few times every year if they don't gain profit in it.


So whenever I buy anything, that means I know i'm giving them their profit and after I checked around for the same item or it just when I have money to burn. Even the cheapest price most of the time won't be the real deal for me. I won't mind paying for a service(when I got the money), if it makes the buying process smooth and worth the money.

We would always listen to this kind of whispering "Aiya bang, Oklah, angkatla.... I punya komisyen pun habis. Bayar kat depan ye". and we smile to think we're better at bargain. No you're not, they keep counting the profint each time the stores closed(they got chacai to do it for them nowadays) and still changing their cars or family trip each time comes.

I had a rough time buying new handset this one time, I would to talk 'bout handset when I had the chance. For now let's just sleep on it's still better to buy things when there are sales or promotions or warehouse clearance or any of the same cheaper than original retail price.

Please give comments on my blabbering below.

No comments:

Post a Comment